It's been over a month since I have written anything substantial.

It's discipline, or more accurately, a lack thereof. Yes, life has been crazy, but I have lacked discipline. However, the lack of structure has been nice. It's now nearly six months since I left Cairo, and it has been good to decompress (thanks Jim!) and relax. I continue to recommend John Maxwell's Partners in Prayer for anyone desiring a way to support their minister and their church. As soon as I find my copy in the sea of boxes, I will be re-reading it. My wife and are continuing to work on sorting, organizing, and reducing our treasures on earth. We're holding a joint yard sale with my parents (who live four hours from here, pray for us!) to accomplish some of that. I am starting to slip back into some ministry roles, but I am selective about what I am taking right now (I owe my wife about three years of marriage: see Deuteronomy 24:5). As much as I like to say "Please" to the question "More [unstructured decompression and vegetation]?" (Hat tip to Commander Data and Guinan), it's time to get organized.

God, please grant me the will and the ability to organize my time, my life, and my possessions. They are not mine, they are Yours. Help me to put them at Your disposal, and help me to glorify You. Help me to allow my creativities to flow, because I know You to be a creative God; and I know that You created us in Your image. Thank You, God, for my life, my wife, and all that I have. It's in the name of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus, that I pray. Amen.

Tags: ,