Kathy, a friend of mine, posted to her Facebook page that she was waiting to see the second Chronicles of Narnia movie (which AMC Theatres called Narnia 2 on my ticket): Prince Capsian , which was released 2 days after my birthday. My wife and I were among the first in the United States to see the film, opting to see the showing at 1 minute after midnight (Tallahassee is on Eastern Time) showing on Friday morning. Kathy saw the film nearly 20 hours after we did, and asked me what I thought.

What I thought is a bit bigger than a Facebook message and useful to those of you waiting to see the film. Therefore, here are my thoughts on the second Narnia movie:

I thought The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe was a much better movie than Caspian. With Caspian, they strayed too far from the book and there was the other thing that the San Francisco Chronicle ’s Mick LaSalle captured more elegantly than I could hope to:

Alas, Lewis without Christianity just isn’t Lewis.

The faith was evident in The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe . It disappeared in Caspian the movie. I fear that Disney & Walden have a Star Trek -type curse going on where every other movie will be bad. Or perhaps it was that The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe was such a wonderful production.

Labels: , ,