Andrew Careaga writes about a man who claims to be agnostic offering to let someone share the gospel with him.

I don't know what to think. We should be committed enough to spend the $50 to share the gospel with the man, but at the same time, I wonder why? Is this just a means to get $50? What is his motivation? If he's that interested in knowing that Jesus Christ died for his sins, is resurrected, and has gone to heaven to prepare a place for us: there it is. For free, the story is that Christ died on a cross to pay the penalty for our rebellion against God. He was buried, but in accordance with the predictions made in the scriptures, Christ is not found in a grave: He is risen! (see I Corinthians 15-1:8) It's not earned by works, but is a free gift of God, lest anyone should boast (see Ephesians 2:8-9). If he has other reasons for advertising this, I pray that God changes his heart.

I wish I had the $50, but at the same time I am skeptical. God, this is in your hands. You can work miracles, and we pray for one in this man's life: the miracle of salvation that you have worked in so many people's lives over the past 2,000 years.

Tags: , ,