My wife and I recieved a call this evening to go help one of our church members. The family is moving back after attending pharmacy school. Another of our church members, the father of the soon-to-be pharmacist (he still has to finish his internship), and their wives drove from our corner of southwest Georgia to Athens this morning with a semi-tractor trailer (the one church member is a professional truck driver) to move most of their things back.

I asked if I could ride with the truck driver in the cab as he drove back to his house (which is on the way to our house), and he said yes. It was an interesting experience. The seat in the truck is about 6 feet off the ground (in other words, it's higher than my head). Not only that, unlike the seats in normal automobiles, the seat moves back and forth some as you ride. All in all, it's not a bad ride. After the ride, my wife asked me if I was ready for a career change.

My reply: I don't think so.

Tags: