George Mudd, former minister of Northeast Christian Church in Tallahassee and several ministries in Indiana, Tennessee, and Kentucky, passed away yesterday evening. It is because of Brother Mudd's willingness to allow inexperienced preachers into his pulpit that I have my ministry with First Christian Church of Cairo today. George had a sweet spirit, a gentle heart, a good preaching style, and wonderful singing talent; and he will be sorely missed by this young preacher. My thoughts and prayers are with George's wife, Wanda, and his children, Keith, Kym, and Julie.

The fact that I just saw George Friday doesn't help. It is a very poignant reminder of the truth of James 4:14*: "Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away." (NASB).

I'll miss you, George; but I look forward to seeing you with our Lord and Saviour.

*28 March 2005 A.D.: What's my problem with Bible verse links lately? Not linking them and linking/referencing the wrong verse! Sheesh, further proof that I am not perfect, only Jesus is perfect.