This post is going to be highly controversial for the mainstream, but there's this little reminder from God's word:

When I [God] say to the wicked, 'You will surely die,' and you do not warn him or speak out to warn the wicked from his wicked way that he may live, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand. [19] Yet if you have warned the wicked and he does not turn from his wickedness or from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered yourself.

What is said here in Ezekiel 3:18-19 is that people who know what the will and the commandments of God is should warn those whose actions are against God's will and commandments. (This relates to why we should evangelize).

So here is my controversy for today:

I am Pro-Life.

I do not support "a woman's right to choose", and I do not view the baby growing inside a woman's womb as "a part of her body" to do with as she pleases. I think it's a disgrace that in the United States of America, which is supposed to be a beacon to the world of the freedom of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, we allow unborn children to be slaughtered like we do.

Along that vein, I found two very good blogs dealing with abortion and the aftermath. Naaman the Ex-Leper posts about his remorse (and Christ's forgiveness) about his role in the right-to-choose movement. After Abortion appears to take the woman's point of view and really focus in on healing and help for those who have been lured into the trap of abortion. I've only read a few posts there, but they seem very good.

If you are considering abortion, I would pray that you would have wisdom about this decision. There is a tiny life growing inside of you, and God values that small person growing inside of you. I would pray that you would explore the avenues of adoption or keeping and raising the child instead of a tragic, permanent, fatal solution to the problem of an unplanned pregnancy.

If you've had an abortion, I pray that Christ would heal you. I pray that you would recieve "the peace that transcends all understanding" (Philippians 4:7) and that you would be comforted by "the God of all comfort" (II Corinthians 1:3-4). Also, please seek help and support. After Abortion provided the following phone numbers for support:

  • (877)HOPE-4-ME
  • (800)395-HELP
  • (800)5WE-CARE

There was an excellent letter to the editor that I had saved on this topic, but I couldn't find it. If I do, I will probably post about it, too.